Monday 24 November 2008

Satruday, November 15th, 2008

Saturday, November 15th – Markham, Ontario, Canada

At a satsang (spiritual gathering) held in the home of a Trinidadian household hosted by Ganesh and Devarka. I talked about a phone call that I received earlier in the day.
“A mother called me and said that her eight year old son had questions. So, I said ‘put him on.” His first question was, “What is the proof that God exists?”

“You have to read Dr. Suesse?” I asked him and he said he had. You had to never seen the authors but you know he exists because of the author’s book. Similariliy, God exists on the strength of his book, Bhagavad-gita.

His next question was “Have others seen God? I have never seen God.”

My answer was, “It takes a clean heart to qualify. Right now we have to contend with anger, some jealousy, some greediness. These things make it hard to communicate with God because there’s a lot of junk in the way.”


Another question. “If there are so many gods, why have you chosen Krishna?”

I explained that He is all attractive. As a philosopher His book “The Gita” is deep. And besides He’s nice to the animal, plays a great flute, comes across as a fabulous dancer and fighter. He always smiles even during the greatest trials that we go through and He has a tremendous amount of friends and He’s willing to take more.

My young questioner seemed relatively content with the explanations. “Thanks” said Jay. “I’ll have more questions later.”

On the drive back to the asharam rain hit the front window of the vehicle. The rain drops became softer and then turned white. It was snowing.

Having not walked today but for the morning, pacing the front foyer of the temple I had little fatigue or cause to sleep, so I chanted on my beads and paced again until after midnight. I admire the new light fixtures adorninn the ceiling. They cast more lights than the previous ones. I tuned off the switch and walked upstairs to bed.

Overall I had a bright night thanks especially to Jay in the day.

No comments: