Friday 25 July 2008

Friday, July 18th, 2008

Fri. July 18th - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Andrew is a young cyclist who passed by me on the side walk this evening. He turned around and came back to greet me.

“ I just went through an awesome experience and then I saw you. Maybe this is a coincidence.,” said Andrew. “I’m a bit shaken up about the murder that just happened across the street in my low criminal neighbourhood. I felt like my own life was threatened. Can you explain what I’m going through?”

So I did explain philosophically according to the teachings of the Bhagavad-Gita And my own experience what he was going through. We are all in the bodily concept of life convinced that this body- the shell is the be-all and end-all. We have all heard of the shell cracking and breaking, however, the substance within, the atma , does not break or dissolve. This substance is what we truly are. The reason we live in fear is due to this misidentification with the body. We just need to get priorities straight. The soul must be considered. It is not bio-degradable. It persists. Any unfinished business has its opportunity to continue in the next successive life (or lives).

Andrew, the cyclist, left with gratitude for me to have taken the time to leave him with these concepts.

Tonight I offended someone after acting as spokesperson for some of our youth. I felt bad about his response but I resolved that time will heal and efforts on my part will be a work in progress for regaining friendships.

6km

No comments: