Tuesday 3 June 2008

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thurs. May 22, 2008 - Ottawa, Ontario

I paced while chanting "Hare Krishna" on my beads early this morning along the Rideau Canal. A significant ripple was moving the still water of the canal. I walked closer to the cause of the ripple and it was a mallard duck, so small in the space of that water yet so powerful was his wave. It is remarkable what one entity can do to influence the atmosphere around him. I see Srila Prabhupada like that, he was a person of short stature about 5'3" and yet he moved so many people toward a greater way.

Significant for me, was an amazing statement made by him in his Gita's commentary. In chapter three verse 24 and purport he says "if the living entities are misguided indirectly the responsibility goes to the Lord." Therefore he descends from time to time to help correct a situation needing help. 1- The creator chooses to be very involved. 2- He takes responsibility.

9 km.

No comments: