Sunday 4 November 2007

Santa Mala, Cuba

Wed. Oct. 3/07
Santa Mala
People on the spiritual path often times read signs indicating what the future may bring and seek direction as to what project to pursue. Since my arrival to Cuba I have on the off-time been scripting a play, “Vamana” who is the walking avatar. His story is told in the book Srimad Bhagavatam in the second canto Eighth chapter, author Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. It’s fascinating.
There have been some quiet hours which allowed me to accomplish covering several pages of script. What brings me to the thought of “signs” is that by chance yesterday’s driver, Jiva’s brother-in –law is a theatre producer. Today in the home of a family in the rural district of Santa Mala the hosts were a couple, a filmmaker and she an actor of the stage.
This all just leaves me with something percolating in my head. A future stage production, perhaps! This is part of a portfolio aside from pilgrim walking. Theatre of the spirit has been my preoccupation for sometime and plenty of walking and chanting are times of inspiration that contribute to the making of a drama.
Most people, I believe, look for signs but not all trace them back to the source. I believe that’s important.
10kms.

No comments: