Sunday 1 November 2020

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Toronto, Ontario

 

Good Men

 

Three years ago, when I was completing my US walk, I had a companion with me, one of my devotional buddies—Anuttama Das, from DC. He took time out from his busy schedule to stick around with me for a good four days. We were in California approaching San Francisco and we talked and walked considerably. One topic that came up was about men.

 

Men? Yes, men! Well, what about them? They are half the population and they are in a position to make or break the world. I’m speaking about humans, of course. Men are good at both. However, what Anuttama and I were in conversation about was starting a men’s retreat, where men can talk about how to be more effective in contributing positive elements to society. We wanted to address how to achieve and bring out the best attributes of a man. Hence the MANtra retreat was born. We are now in our third year. This year it goes virtual. While writing out today’s blog I thought to include some of the qualities of a good man. This is simply my list:

 

1) Honest

2) Faithful

3) Intelligent

4) Straightforward 

5) Clean

6) Active

7) Attentive

8) Resourceful

9) Humorous

10) Kind

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km



 

 

No comments: