Friday 7 August 2020

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Seaton Village, Toronto

 

Trying

 

I was dwelling on the good feedback I received while on a Zoom call in the course of walking west on Bloor Street. I was given a general topic to speak on as part of a weekend seminar, the theme was “My Authenticity Is My Power” with my specific talk to be “The Secrets Behind a Lifelong Friendship.” Other speakers had their individual topics to present. That was on Sunday.

 

But now, while walking and chanting japa, a fellow came to me, long-haired with a mustache and mask, and just began talking.

 

“I studied different religions and I just wanted to know if enlightenment can be instant? Or is it something you really have to work at?”

 

I consider that I’m here on the street to help, to be there for the people, so here was an opportunity to help through dialogue and, perhaps, start a friendship. It is my service.

 

“Generally seekers of the truth really have to work at it in a gradual process of practice,” I said.

 

“But is it possible?”

 

“Yes, but it’s rare.” I replied.

 

“Does it take divine intervention?”

 

“Yes, we can consider it causless mercy, but it is rare,” I expressed.

 

I found it stimulating to talk “spiritual.” Then on my return, going west on Bloor and turning north on a side street, I met John who excitedly came up to me asking, “Are you a holy man?”

 

“Trying.” I said.

 

John admitted he was deaf, he couldn’t capture my answer, and continued on speaking loudly as he followed along with me, up to the ashram. John identifies as a spiritual person and at one point during his loud parlance said, “Enlightenment is a rare thing, isn’t it?”

 

“Yes, but trying is not and should be done.” I responded.

 

He couldn’t hear me.

 

May the Source be with you!

5 km

 

No comments: