Saturday 23 May 2020

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Rosedale Toronto

Some Things Are Precious

It’s quite interesting to see how many roads are becoming sidewalks, places for boys at basketball and now today the road, an actual bridge arched over a ravine in Rosedale has become arehearsal site for a young women’s cheerleading team. Oh, they moved over when the rare motorist came. They pulled over when the vehicle would pass and then get right back into action.

Further on a fresh new sidewalk was laid for the concrete to harden. Being blocked off caused pedestrians to use the street. They had an excuse. I hope in some way that we could prolong the days of more feet and less wheels.

It wasn’t quite dark yet for this 8:30 pm time but a raccoon (yes, another one today) was just about to help himself to the contents of a trash can but it saw me coming. He jumped off, landed on the condo building’s lawn and stood there. He actually stood his ground. Maybe it never saw a monk before. His back curled which indicated, most likely, “I’m not moving and I am gettin’ back to my meal!”

Okay so I got going. I kept chanting softly. I came to a park, sat down at a bench and chanted the gayatri mantra. Then I called,from my cellAmala, a music teacher, and my spiritual student.  “How are you?”

“My obeisance! I’m sitting in the backyard watching a robin feed his/her young babies as they eat the worm from its beak…”

I offered some advice about life. I looked at the sky, grass, the environment around. I liked it.

There was an Englishman who came to Canada, lived with the natives and practically became one of them. He became a conservationist and fought against deforestation and the trapping of beavers. His name became Grey Owl. He said of nature, “Some things are not for sale!

May the Source be with you!
5 km



No comments: