Sunday 26 January 2020

Tuesday, January 21st, 2020


Port of Spain/Paramaribo

Walk I Didn't Do In Two Ways

Time to move on.  I had a great brunch with dear friend, Guru Prasad Swami.  He was also on the move.  After he left, I was left with a queue of people, each of whom just wanted to have a few minutes with me, in private.  Some advice.  Some direction.  Some blessing.

I could see the talent in the community.  But now, it was time to go.  Off to Port of Spain Airport where I gathered a few more souls for a few last minutes.  And as I was giving attention, I could see out of the corner of my eye, a senior Christian priest ambling along rather slowly with cane in hand, and all the while keeping a good composure. 

Old-school-down-to-basics man, I thought.  He had his jet-black regalia on.  We didn't meet.  I had my crew and he had his parishioners enjoying his company.

Okay, so now, it was really time to go.  I said my good-byes through a group hug, passed through security and onward-rolling luggage down a main hall, before reaching my gate.  There was a massive billboard suspended from the ceiling.  It had a message.  Could be misleading.  It read: "Walk."  A little ambiguous at first.  I felt guilty putting no time into walking today. 

A little closer look and I could see what the real promotion was all about and it was quite opposite to a message of health.  Johnnie Walker, "Black Label," a brand of Scotch whiskey is one of those duty-free items picked up by air travellers.  The letters WALK were so prominent.

Off to Suriname and a house program.  Jyoti turned 11.  It's her birthday. We tried to keep the guest happy.

May the Source be with you!
0 km

No comments: