Saturday 4 May 2019

Thursday, May 2nd, 2019

Toronto, Ontario

After the Chiropractor

So, it worked out fairly smoothly.  We merely called the local wellness centre in Rosedale, and asked if their clinic accepts walk-ins.  It so happens they do in the chiropractic department, and I was good to go for 9:00 a.m. The call was made at 7:30 a.m.  I was practically accepted on the spot.  I met Dr. Suk, a pleasant therapist, and showed him my X-rays made in Mauritius, which were very helpful.

He looked at my posture and did a thorough examination.  He then expressed his observations.  He said I was uneven in various areas, stiff in some. Interesting was that apparently I'm carrying an extra 23 lbs. of weight on the right side.  I'll hear more on Monday after a second visit.  He made some physical adjustments.  It felt good and relieved some of the enduring pain I was having.  I walked back to the ashram with some pride.

A second walking installment was a leisurely stroll through Yorkville, with Connor and Raymond.  We wove through the more pedestrian-friendly venues.  I did so with ease except for the occasional outburst of what felt  like a cough which was going to misalign my rib cage.  I managed to gingerly let out my internal irritation, and no bones, spine or ribs, went further out of place.

Spring is here.  Trees are budding, but it's a slow process.  So is my healing a slow process.  Such is the case when you are aging.  On display by a shop's window reads, "Don't resist growing old. Some people never have the chance."   https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw_sHxygXBS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=d462x9q115qd

May the Source be with you!
5 km

No comments: