Sunday 22 April 2018

Tuesday, April 17th, 2018

Toronto, Ontario

In Awe    

Well, we walked by a gallery window
And what did we see
A painting of a bison
My mind was full of glee

I was transported to Alberta
Where a herd was close to me
Twas the walk of ‘96
Sacred herd, oh so free

I lie down in their grasses
Tired from the road
They gawked at me so curious
Right there in their abode

And I gave a good stare at them
Inquisitive as hell
The feeling was so mutual
We looked, as in a spell

The herd was awful big, my friend
And they stood there oh so still
Until I made a jerk, and then
The alpha feared, “Don’t kill!”

They followed him in awesome haste
Shaking earth with hooves
The dust stirred up so high, oh yes
They vanished by the hill of blues.

© Bhaktimarga Swami 2018 

May the Source be with you!
5 km 

No comments: