Monday 13 November 2017

Thursday, November 9th, 2017

Calgary, Alberta

A Bit About Dharma

It is the dharma of a sannyasi, a monk, to travel, and that is what I'm doing, but by jet.  Once arriving at my destination I schedule myself for some period to walk.  And this I did with the ‘Festa’ family, of Gaurachandra, Vani Priya, and Jagannatha, in what is now a winter wonderland.

Yes, that season of whiteness has set in and I don’t mind, provided I’ve got the clothing to cover.

Out in the east end of Calgary, we meandered through the streets and crescents to put in an hour of much-craved-for loosening of the limbs.  Some thought went into the weekend and the anticipated retreat with ISKCON Canadian leaders for brain/brahman storming sessions. 

We will ponder the following:

How do we vaishnavas or bhakti yogis become relevant in a very compacted, mundane and secular world?  How do we share the goods of Krishna Consciousness effectively so others will come to listen and observe?

Anyone who inherits the gift of Krishna, feels he/she has struck gold and then wishes to disseminate it.  I am of that mindset and those who will attend are also of that spirit.  There is eagerness.  I know them.

It is the dharma of a devotional practitioner to share the lifestyle.  Our guru, Srila Prabhupada, defined dharma as “occupational duty” and in the context of the soul, which is in essence what we are, the obligation or “duty” of the soul is to serve humanity, nature and the Creator.

My evening closed with a visit to the home of Bharat, where I read and discussed dharma with other guests, eager recipients of tasty prasadam, blessed food.

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: