Wednesday 22 March 2017

Thursday, March 16th, 2017
Timmins, Ontario


Broke the Ice


I feel like I broke the ice today.  Not literally.  I was actually skidding on the stuff and sinking into snow.  I bypassed some snowmobiles and met up with a guide, an older bearded guy with most likely his two grandkids, fairly deep in the woods.  That was awesome.

By ‘breaking the ice’ I mean I broke the back of my routine.  Avoiding the out-of-doors is where I’ve been going because any footwear wrapped around the gout foot is painful.  But that was not the case today.  Swelling has gone down and so a walk in the woods was doable.  Thank God.

With a bright sun above and bright snow over the ground, it became as an irresistible temptation.  There were trails for snowmobiles and trails for snowshoeing.  I took full advantage.  I even lost my sense of direction and got happily lost.

Great!

I now had the excuse to find someone and ask them to put me back on track.  It is a fringe benefit of walking—getting to do some talking and make an endorsement toward neighbourliness.

“Just go down the road and hang a left at the curve.  That’s Cedar Meadows,” said the fellow whom I approached in his driveway.

With five kilometres under my snow-driven feet, I was whisked off by Riken to the yoga studio for part two of a presentation.

I promised everyone that we would take up some yoga dancing tonight.  That, then, is more glorious work for the feet.

May the Source be with you!


5 km

No comments: