Sunday 1 January 2017

Friday, December 30th, 2016

Toronto, Ontario

Treadmill Monk


I only had to go across the street from our ashram to get to the clinic.  It was just a check-up, something advised when in the mid-sixties.  In particular, we wanted to find out how I do with a stress test and how my body (my machinery) responds to a walk on a treadmill at varying speeds.

This is the second time I walked on a treadmill. The first was when I took the same test ten years ago.  My doctor recommended I see where my cardio reactions were, and it was about time.  A popular peer, Bhakti Tirtha Swami, of Afro-American descent, passed away from cancer around then.  It rather surprised us that such a powerhouse of a monk would suddenly leave us.

I arrived at the reception of the KMH clinic after a minute’s journey (across the street on Avenue Road).  Very convenient!  What KMH stands for, I don’t know.  Krishna Mercy House?

The receptionist was sweet and took fancy to the fact that I live in the building where she can see people coming and going for their devotions.  She expressed she’s almost vegan and had come into our “Govinda’s Dining” once, and enjoyed the meal and the temple.  I filled out a form.  Mainly a signature was required.  I was transferred to another person, then another, then the doctor who directly observed my walking and pulse.  Results are yet to come.

It’s good to know where you stand!

Thank you Jagannatha Misra.

May the Source be with you!


Distance covered today?  Whatever the treadmill registered.

No comments: