Sunday 6 December 2015

Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday, November 23, 2015
Montreal, Quebec

Bonjour!
For today's combined practice of exercise and meditation on sound, Mandala and I took to Ste. Catherine St. West up to the brewery section.  When the stench in the air became too much, we turned around and went the other way until we walked enough to complete our prescribed number of rounds (16) on our beads and to get at least 7 kilometres under our feet.  It also worked out that by 7:30 AM it was time to honour our guru, Srila Prabhupada, something which is devotionally executed in temples, ashrams and homes all over the world.

While walking in Montreal, I only interrupt my chanting when I see an oncoming person in order to greet them but I have to remember to do so in the French medium. ”Bonjour!” I will say, having to check myself from saying the Spanish “Olah!” which I do in Argentina and Cuba, my regular destinations in November.

In our ashram in Montreal our communication is mostly in English and French and when I deliver a class it is embarrassingly rendered in English.  My French is too poor, to be frank.  Not all persons who visit the ashram have a handle on French.

The most important issue is to communicate the science of bhakti (devotion) and to learn how to avoid the stenches of Maya, the worlds' illusions.
I like this quote about communication:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand, we listen to reply.”

May the Source be with you!

7 km

No comments: