Saturday 20 June 2015

Tuesday, June 17th, 2015

Tuesday, June 17th, 2015
Toronto, Ontario

Walk The Line


The Gooderham Building, St Lawrence Market and St James Church are some historic landmarks for the city.  People are attracted to these edifices.  And apart from my own softness for viewing great architecture, we are doubly drawn to the people that go to these structures.
We were chanting in those areas near Front St and I was astounded how many people offer us pranams (folded hands) and how many folks greet us with a smile and a "namaste" or "Hare Krishna."  This tells me that people are adjusting, looking east and coming to the point of acceptance.
If we were to trace back history, surely we would capture a link between the east and west and how, for millennia, the west has gained profound influence from the east.  Fortunately there exists no Great Wall of China and so there is exchange.  India has always kept the door open.  It always was inviting to the world, giving of itself.  And now we are out here delivering to the hands of the public our brochures promoting spiritual India through the Festival of India.  I believe we leave people with the impression that we are a cultural movement and are not a religion.
From our perspective the whole district is very dry until sacred sound comes through even as people are having drinks.  At one point in our procession Johnny Cash's words came to my thoughts.  "Walk The Line":
"I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine (Krishna) I walk the line."

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: