Wednesday 16 October 2013

Tuesday, October 15th, 2013

I Tried
 
Amsterdam/Mumbai
 
I tried to get some walking in Concourse E in Schipoel Airport, Amsterdam was the best place to do so - up and down, then maybe go for Concourse F as well.  It’s not totally practical with luggage to drag along.
 
At the end of E I was approaching a glass wall.  Perhaps at a left or right of it, I could explore another hall.  But “No.”  A security person came towards me.  Maybe I walked beyond a barrier I shouldn’t have?  It was a young woman, looking quite fair, looking rather Dutch.  In her uniform she came rather unofficial.  In fact she put her palms together and affixed “Namaste” as a salutation.  It turns out she’s taking yoga and aspires to become a teacher of the art.  We conversed about ego and its tendency to get in the way, of many things, just about everything.  I told her of my being a teacher of kirtan.
 
“Doing mantras?” she asked.
 
“Exactly!  If you open a yoga studio, I’ll be glad to come and give lessons on bhakti-yoga.”
 
I told her my name.  “Bhaktimarga” means path of devotion.  This was intriguing to her and that I have a reputation for doing pilgrimage.  She was floored when I told her I’m known as “The Walking Monk.”
 
“I don’t believe it.  I just read about you on the internet.”
 
“Ah, yes the internet, a blessing and a curse at the same time,” I thought.
 
We had to part and I had to leave to catch my flight to India.  Yes, India.  Before long I would get hit with a wave of heat and musty smells.  Traffic would be busy and roads very dusty.  But I love the people.  I love them.  I can’t wait to be, in a sense back home.
 
May the Source be with you!
 
2 KM

No comments: