Monday 25 June 2012

Sunday, June 24th, 2012

The Two Go Together
 
Toronto, Ontario
 
It is favourable to take to the streets in the evening for the coolness and freshness of the air. I'm not the only one picking up on this habit .  So many others are as well. Pedestrians are more in greater numbers during the summer season.
 
I actually had a full day with people, meetings of varying kinds which went on for hours. I gave a class delivered to our community on verse 6.32 from the Gita. "He is a perfect yogi who, by comparison to his own self, sees the true equality of all beings, in both their happiness and their distress, O Arjuna." Then I was asked to lead the final kirtan chanting of the day. I gladly accepted the role which take a lot of energy in terms of giving and receiving. After this full "people" day, I tried to be that perfect yogi mentioned above, but just needed time alone so I went for it.
 
Time alone for me means walking, and walking means simultaneously chanting, at least the majority of the time. It's true. I've learned to use my mouth while moving the legs. This is not an amazing feat. People chat all the time while in the trek. So chat or chant, there is not much of a difference. If folks could just add the "n" that would be nice.
 
I ended up moving along Bloor, Bathurst and Dupont only to discover that I ended up not physically alone. As mentioned above, people were frequenting the streets, yet the chanting sets you apart from the world you are sojourning through. Chanting the mantras allows you to see the world from a different perspective. The world should not be a place that I should consume or be consumed by. I should take a small piece of it, a small quota of air, ether, land, fire and water for my maintenance and let the rest be. If anything I could stand as a guardian or custodian.

Yes chanting is most helpful in being able to see the world at a certain point of view. It is most favourable.
 
7 Km

No comments: