Sunday 10 July 2011

Friday, July 8th, 2011

Bobby’s Getting Married

Toronto, Ontario

A couple of black dudes let me catch up to them along the side walk.

“So what do you believe in?” asked one of them.

“We believe in Krishna.”

“Christian?”

“No!” Krishna! Krishna is our authority He is dark. In fact he’s black! One definition of Krishna is ‘black’.”

This remark did not phase the two guys but they listened further.

“We are in this world to learn and to correct wrongs. If we have more work to do with correction then we are given another birth -- we are born again and yet again until we get it right.”

“What is your stance on drinking, smoking and drugs?” asked the second dude.

“We have a large membership and there are varying degrees of commitment from these members. I’m a priest in the community so I avoid these habits in order to keep clean, safe, spare my guts, protect my brain cells, and to have a heart.

It was time to part. We wished each other well.

More well-wishing. Bobby’s getting married. I knew the kid since he was 5. That was 25 years ago. Everybody likes Bobby. He’s totally amiable. I went to a pre-amble event to his wedding. I was given the floor to speak. At that point I offered blessings and also some words.

“Thanks, Bobby, for being so level-headed, cool, calm and collected. I wish you well in your new life with your partner. Keep anchored! Keep Krishna!”

17 Km

No comments: