Monday 9 May 2011

Saturday, May 7th, 2011

Good Day Learning

Moundsville, West Virginia

What did I learn at a conference here? My notes reveal some stats including remarks -
everything from pro-vegetarian data to quotes from the guru. Here are just a few:

Alcohol kills more than AIDS, TB and violence.

The unexamined life is not worth living. Aristotle

Preach always, if necessary use words. Francis of Assisi

Smile is the universal form of communications

Service is not viewed as a frill.

Sucess is the by-product of preparation.

Life is a series of first impressions.

In the U.S 1,000 teenagers attempt suicide everyday

2.2 million people are in prison at any given time. (U.S)

The only thing you are really in control of is your attitude.

Do not be upset with the instrument of your karma
SRILA PRABHUPADA

Additional Message:

A minor insert to do with walking: I circled around the lodge and temple buildings and came upon the dumpster at the temple's north end. While passing by that dumpster I surprised a deer who dashed off into the bush. I thought I might find a racoon there on my next revolution. Sure enough the next time around I found a raccoon scurrying about on top of the dumpster unit. My next thought was "mayb I'll see a possum next." Sure enough at the base of the unit there was a possum.

Now that was a mystical experience if ever there was one

2 KM

No comments: