Friday 10 December 2010

Tuesday, December 7th, 2010

Hey George!

Miami, Florida

At the Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove, we sang his song:

My Sweet Lord
Mmm My Lord
Mmm My Lord
I really want to see you
I really want to be with you
I really want to see you Lord,
But it takes so long my Lord

My Sweet Lord
Mmm My Lord

I really want to know you
I really want to go with you
I really want to show you Lord that I won't take long
My Lord

(Hallelujah!)
My Sweet Lord
My, my Lord
.
Over a dozen of us monks and lay members made our way to sing George Harrison's song, "My Sweet Lord" where Mark, a big fan of his hung this huge banner "Strawberry Fields" at the Arts and Mind School. George passed away in 2001, November 29th and for several days, as a memorial ceremony, Mark invited the Krishnas to chant.

The school has its windows adorned with pictures of George over the years and the popular nighttime area resounded with the song preceded by many, many mantras of Hare Krishna.

Why does George continue to be a hero for Krishna devotees?

Through his music a whole generation of people explored the Krishna theology and for many fans of that era, their lives were changed FOREVER. Strawberry fields!

8 KM

No comments: