Wednesday 28 October 2009

Tuesday, October 27th, 2009

The Cell on The Trail

Toronto, Ontario

I grabbed him by the arm and said, “Let’s go outside.”

My dear friend whom I have chanted with at home programs for years usually comes to the temple daily but spends half the time on his cell phone. “Let’s talk about going to Cuba and the upcoming Vedic Festival..”

“Okay”, said Ajamila. He loves to sing and play harmonium and is looking forward to taking the lead singing role on a Cuban stage.

“You need a drummer. See if Jetu is available. He’s great at the mrdunga (drum). “

Ajamila calls him as we walk on. He called a sponsor for the tickets as well. The sponsor was good. We kept walking.

Four kilometers into the walk Ajamila asks me, “hey, where are we?”

“The ravine”, I said.

“All this time I was talking on the phone and you brought me here?”

“Yes, Ajamila.”

I talked with him about how so much got done on the phone; that he booked Cuba for us and got a band together for the upcoming trip, we met people on the way with questions about our robes and another student asking for directions out of the ravine. All this in the span of forty minutes. That’s pretty good Ajamila .

Ajamila realy did take to the walking.

“You’ve got to do more of this. Do office work while walking and utilize the technology in God’s service.

9 Km

No comments: