Sunday 21 June 2009

Wednesday, June 17th, 2009

Wonders

Vancouver, British Columbia

The very ground that we walk upon has the most beautiful colours, aromas, and formations. While en route to Sequim, Washington, for a retreat, I stopped in Vancouver to catch a car ride. My driver, Akrura, and his family took me to the showroom of their business, Hari Stones Ltd. In this one of the three outlets located in Surrey, a Vancouver suburb, you will see displayed some of the best pieces of granite that this earth has to offer. Massive slabs, of granite, marble, and slate, grave their warehouse and showroom with astounding colours and natural designs. Deep penetrating reds and greens form veins and splashes of eye-opening wonder. In some of the slabs you see fossils, crustaceans, or shells, embedded into the ancient pressurized rock that hails from India, Turkey, Brazil, Italy, Canada, and other such places.

People may wonder what a monk and rock have in common. Well, my response to that would be that I highly appreciate the awesome aesthetics of nature, with the creator behind it. I also had the good fortune to stroll a trail in the great cedars of the west coast. The smells, heights, and hues of these green giants struck my sensitivities once again.

I endorse the travelling and walking cultures once again as it enhances our gratitude for what’s around us. There are as many great wonders in the world that we find in our midst. We just need to stroll and look around.

5 KM

No comments: