Saturday 9 August 2008

Wednesday, July 30th, 2008


Wed. July 30/08 - Kostrzyn, Poland

Organizers and volunteers of the Krishna Village, a series of tents set within a broader tent city are renting four large schools in the Kostrzyn area to house themselves. Many of the volunteers are from neighboring countries near Poland. In my team of sixteen actors only two are polish so when it comes to trying to direct a play with few people who understand the translation of my script it becomes a bit more time – consuming. Basically they seem to enjoy the practices we are having.


In the usage of space I was having the privacy of an empty classroom but when two peers, Caturatma and Adi Karta, both from America, came to move in. The company they provided was most ecstatic.


In my morning meditative japa walk, I ventured to the nearby German border now no longer in operation as used to be with the new European Union approach to management. Bridges over the Odra and Warta Rivers take you to Germany. I spotted storks, which are plenty, in black and white plumes, white geese, magpies and crows of a different kind. On a mini walk through the bush I heard a rustling. It was a hedgehog who defended himself from the likes of me. I tried turning him upside down with a stick in order to gaze at his unique protective device. He clamped up even more into a perfect ball. Our creator does wonders with nature.


A recording for our two plays in Polish is necessary so it keeps us up late and up early for a 5 am rehearsal. No one minds much. The results are what seem to count for everyone.


11km

No comments: