Tuesday 13 May 2008

Wednesday, May 7th, 2008

Wednesday, May 7th, 2008 - Cleveland, Ohio

“Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings.” - Bhagavad Gita, 2.12

This was the chosen verse to speak from before a recepted group in Cleveland. A weekly meeting of chanting enthusiasts occurs at the home of Dayal Nitai, Tanya and their son, Jayananda. There are no monks here, except for myself, but serious practitioners are there.

A first time visitor came to listen, but mildly challenged us with the myth that our diet lacks protein. Like all of us before we entered the arena of a higher consciousness, the new guest was weaned on meat and potatoes. Anyways, the feast section of our gathering was left to do its own magic as well as the chanting. I wish him well.

The morning trek was a group effort by several young devotees of New Vrndavana. One of them has been particularly kind to nurse the base of my feet which are challenged by some viral invasion of planters wart and callouses. My routine treatment is to soak the feet in apple cider vinegar, treat infected areas with oregano oil, eat my leafy greens and be diligent about it. Maintenance is a feature in the mode of satva, goodness, and preservation of the body (as well as feet) must run alongside the fuelling of the soul.

Insomnia attacked me once again. It runs about twice a week. To remedy this I chanted on beads while pacing back and forth under a gazebo’s shelter as rain poured down ‘til 1 am at Bain Park in Cleveland, Ohio. It was very quiet.

6 km

No comments: