Saturday 29 March 2008

Sunday, March 16th 2008

Sunday, March 16, 2008 - Durban, South Africa

The temple in Durban is an octagonal shaped building which is surrounded by a moat (no crocodiles) and a path around that. It makes for ideal pacing in a safe environment. It has always been considered that circumambulation of a temple graced with an interior deity is very auspicious. It’s recommended to go clockwise.

My assignment in Durban where surfers adore the Indian Ocean waves has little to do with getting wet but rather diving in the ocean of devotion. The annual Festival of Chariots takes place on Easter weekend and I will be training youths in two dramas, “The Age of Kali” and “Vamana”. It’s my second performance with “Vamana”, the walking avatar. In some respects, I guess I should be meditating on him daily invoking inspiration and blessings.

While weather here is unusually overcast and monsoon-like, back home in Canada, at least in Toronto, there is record breaking snow fall. It is the most severe winter in decades with storms. For some these irregularities which are global register as major karmic reactions to us humans. For me I’m grateful to rehearse in temperatures that are pleasant instead of the usual steamy conditions at this time of the year. Whatever the weather, service goes on and that is the joyful ocean that I’m swimming in.

5km

No comments: