Saturday 1 September 2007

Thurs., Aug. 30, 2007 Bridgetown, Nova Scotia

"Welcome to our community!" said Juanita who was trying to catch up to me at Young's Cove. We walked together for a bit. She gave
some insight on how she sees things socially. "Families are confused." She was rather upbeat otherwise.
There is a thing I noticed that is peculiar. Ballfields, tennis courts, and benches are so underused by kids. "What are they doing?" I
asked two ladies, Tanya and Nancy, who work at the Clementsport Post Office. One of them mimed pressing a video game controller.
At one point in the morning I felt a fatigue from walking at Cornwallis. I noticed the quiet tennis court and slept for a few moments
lying right on the asphalt. No one came to play so there was no botheration for me.
Doug and I went to the oldest village in Canada. In 1605, Port Royal was born and settled by the French. Anapolis Royale was also a
charmer of a town. The Nova Scotians themselves are a charm- down to earth and very friendly.
Caroline, from the Anapolis Spectator newspaper had some great questions for me. Overal people were warm and wishing luck on the
walk.
BEWARE! Not all trails can be trusted. At 3:30 AM I trekked the DAR railroad trail from Digby but the path turned into a pond.
So.....know the path you take. Tonight's host is Michel Palmer of the Victoriavale/ Middleton area. He is finishing the roof before a
storm sets in.
50 kms

No comments: