Tuesday 24 May 2016

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016
Beachwood, Ohio

East of Cleveland

I met a series of good Samaritans.  It started off with a woman who stopped to offer a ride.  She was in tears, her face wet with emotion.

"Would you like a ride?  Sorry, I've been crying.  I just came from a woman's group."

With that I had to decline, as I had to for so many kind and conscientious people, which included two police officers, a Buddhist woman, a yoga teacher, Allan - a tree maintenance man, a female disciple of Such-and-such Swami, and a well-to-do suave dude with his mom.

These encounters left me with a good taste for things east of Cleveland.  For the most part I trekked through green spaces of creeks and hardwood trees and residential paradises where no one is encouraged to walk.  Where's the sidewalks, please?

At Chagrin Boulevard I saw my first signs of suburban plazas and here I felt a notion of liberation upon seeing fellow pedestrians.  One of those striders (if I may use that term) was a tall orthodox Jewish man in his black, someone I envied.  If I had his speed and stride I'd make it to San Fransisco in thirty days.  Further on he went and I could see him being approached by a woman collecting petitions. 

Now it was my turn to be talked to also.  "Can you sign our petition for approvin' marijuana for medical purposes?" she asked.

"No thank you!  I'm from Canada and our prime minister is working on legalizing the stuff.  Period!  Not that I approve."

"Okay!" she said surprisingly.

It was at that juncture on the street that our party of two grew.  Abhimanyu Arjuna from Florida joined Gopal and I for the US Walk.  Hurray!

By nighttime we reached the home of Kaustubha and Tulasi and their 2 1/2 year old son Kapil.  Our purpose in part is to visit members of the Bhakti Yoga culture along the way.

May the Source be with you!
16 miles

No comments: