Wednesday 4 May 2016

Friday, April 29th, 2016

Friday, April 29th, 2016
Norwood, Ontario

Two Bulls and Two Angels

Jonathan and I were strolling. A man and his dog went out of their way to catch up to us, pursue us might be a better phrase, out of curiosity.

“What sect do you belong to?” asked the man.

“Hare Krishna.”

“Oh, yes, I was in India, in Varnasi, last year.”

“That’s one of the few places I’ve missed on my travels there.”

The middle aged man continued, “The first day I got there, I shook my head and said, ‘Boy, oh boy, what a mess this place is.’ But on the 5th day there, I was enchanted. I don’t know, there’s something about India that’s magical.”

And that’s still the attitude that most visitors have about the land of Bharat (India).

Jonathan and I had been in the ravine when we had the brief encounter with the man who visited India, but it was our visit today to the Norwood Hastings area that took us to India. There, along the Trent River, an hour and a half from the city, is Govardhan Farms, a 50 acres haven of grass, hills, a house, and a newly born set of bulls sweet like anything. Their names are Gopinath and Ananta.

What gives the place the spiritual magical feel is not just the Sanskrit names and the peaceful atmosphere, but the presence of a set of twins, two little angels, and for the love of me, I just can’t remember their names. I know that this forgetfulness is merely a display of ignorance, but the proud parents are Fil and Sukhayanti. You can catch a photo of the two little darlings whose names I can’t remember on Instagram, ‘thewalkingmonk’.

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: