Point to Consider
I don’t take shorthand – probably should, but I can remember points that are delivered at a conference when strong and good messages filter through my fingers and the pen. I highly revere one of the speakers at the retreat here for his candid and thoughtful presentation. He quoted our guru, Srila Prabhupada, as saying, “Do not be upset with the instrument of your karma.”
In some order I will present to you additional remarks that I was able to capture with my own concocted shorthand. The messages are as follows, some of them being thoughts, and some are stats:
1. “Appreciation should be our driving force.”
2. “Service is the heart of everything.” – Sharpe
3. “Service is not a chore.” – Mother Theresa
4. “Find yourself in service to others.” – Gandhi
5. “There are two births – the day we were born and the day we learned why we were born.”
6. “If you are not challenged, you can’t change.”
7. “Are you a contributor or a consumer?”
8. “Humility is the solid foundation of all qualities.”
9. “The body is a PC – a pleasure centre and a pain centre.”
10. “There are 108 stitches on a baseball.” (108 being an auspicious Vedic numerical figure.)
11. There is one suicide every 40 seconds globally.
12. 1200 teenagers attempt suicide every day.
Reasons for This Teenage Tragedy
1. Not having a spiritual foundation.
2. Very materialistic lifestyle.
May the Source be with you!