Tuesday 24 May 2016

Sunday, May 22nd, 2016

Sunday, May 22nd, 2016
Toronto, Ontario

The Need for Blessings

Please notice: for those following me in the walk through America, I will continue.  I have taken some days off my route to attend a wedding, a pre-school anniversary, and the blessing of some land purchased for the purposes of bhakti (devotion).

Speaking of blessings, I had returned from a visit to a Physio Rehab with my dear god-brother Daniel Dean (Vallabha Chaitanya) who came in contact with a unique form of cancer. That went well.

I decided to walk back- a mere 8.3 kilometres- to my ashram (monastery).  While trekking back through the area of Parkdale, on King Street, I asked three young ladies on their stroll, "What is the time?"

"8:45 pm," answered one of them.  Another asked, "Are you a monk?"

"Yes!"

"Do you just walk around Parkdale and give blessings?"

"I try.  It could use some, don't you think?"

There was some agreement to the notion.  Parkdale, although an area of some fairly well-maintained homes, has some reputation for drugs, prostitution, and mentally unstable people roaming in certain areas.  Blessings could help the place, but I'm not sure that I have the power to release such benevolence.  I can only try to function as a medium of mercy through the use of chanting the maha-mantra as I walk the zone of Parkdale.  It is actually a place of great potential for beauty, morality, and sanity.

I see that the city is making the effort to culturally clean up by providing decent facility. Yet the real revitalization depends on a spiritual participation.

Yes.  That is the resort we, as humans, require - a spiritual shelter.

May the Source be with you!

14 km

No comments: