Thursday 19 May 2016

Tuesday, May 10 th , 2016

Tuesday, May 10 th , 2016
Moundsville, West Virginia

A Trail for the Future

On the previous day, at review time, I had suggested that the community construct a first class walking trail. Such a trail would be an incentive for introspective trekkers. You could go around armed with japa beads for meditation. You could do it solo or with a group. The trail would be inspirational and take you through valleys and highlands with switchbacks in between. You would be able to admire variant trees and vegetation along rocky slopes as well as the wetlands and creeks. The trail would stimulate adventure and also connect you to sacred spots, such as the major temple, the Palace of Gold, and the upcoming Radha Gopinatha temple. Various loops would comprise this trail, and would measure 2, 4, and 8 miles in length.

It was just a wish, and I believe it would be an attraction. The suggestion was well received.

Today I walked along McCreary’s Ridge Road. It simply reminded me with its treacherous nature, its speedy traffic, windy disposition, and no shoulder, that a japa walking trail would be well justified. I was looking at a possible route that could be as far distant from the road as could be.

I’m sure I’m not the first person to dream up such a trail, but I thought “Let’s get the suggestion out there, perhaps one day, such a route could materialize.”

A word of caution for anyone on a trail, this is the month of May, the ticks are in abundance. Even without me hitting the woodsy trail, I managed to have one cling on to me without my knowing. That’s another reason why it’s imperative to bathe at least two times a day if you can. One reason is to wash off, forever, any of those pesky little things that could cause Lime Disease.

May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: