Friday 28 August 2015

Tuesday, August 25th, 2015

 
Tuesday, August 25th, 2015
Richmond Hill, Ontario
 
Seeing
 
On the previous evening, our small chanting party made our way westbound on Danforth Avenue where we passed by a pub. Danforth is known for its outside cafe and pub culture. "It's forty years since I seen them," blurted out one of the guys, referring to Krishnas doing just that - chanting. I'm glad we gave him a thrill.

Signs are going up for a political federal race. That's in both Canada and the U.S. It's the time when terms are up. New and old faces with names will pop up in increasing numbers and I'm not sure that it excites a whole lot of folks. Apathy might be the word to describe the mood for North Americans. Our guru, Srila Prabhupada, would say of Indian politics that people are hopeful of Rama-raj in reminiscence of the years of Rama's reign.

That's hard to find. A dharmic ruler? Practically impossible! Can't get hopes up too high.

I spent my afternoon at a palace of a building. It's actually a home of a friend and godbrother, Subha Vilas. The mansion reminded me of how I would picture the abode of Prince Rama as outlined in the epic "Ramayana." We are talking about the location known as Ayodya in Uttar Pradesh in north India.

Anyways, what I appreciate about the structure with its marvelous and massive slab pieces of limestone from Indiana is that it is designed for not only a family to dwell in but also, it facilitates crowds for special function days. On the ground level is a temple of Radha and Krishna and there's ample cooking cuisine for the masses. That's big thinking. Yes, thinking out of that me-and-my-family shows benevolence.

One big attraction of the place is that there are walking trails in the area. Subha Vilas tells me of the wild turkeys they spot in the area. It just gets more intriguing.

May the Source be with you!
 
0 km
 
 

No comments: