Friday 14 August 2015

Friday, July 31st 2015,


Friday, July 31st 2015,
Tenerife, Spain

Roundish Moon

I woke to the gorgeous view of a roundish blue moon reflecting on the Atlantic's still waters. The window from our room at Hotel Playa Real reveals nature's opulence. Though my roommate Hridaya Gauranga from Germany informed me that we are in the desert portion of the island Tenerife, there is an obvious richness here. I even allowed myself to get pleasantly lost in the barrage of evening displays- cafés, shops and bars - located on endless pathways by the ocean.

It was my freedom time. The air was cool in the evening. Daytime was too hot and for my own obligatory services (drama practice) during the day, certain needs and people power were lacking. We prefer to work in air conditioned spaces. Yes, things are great here in Tenerife but a little laid back. It was annoying at times but as usual when practicing for a play we had our laughter times and light times to compensate for any shortcomings.

Patita Pavana, a Spanish-by-birth devotee of Krishna, had invited me for a second time to contribute to his festival on Sunday. Another chariot festival for me.

It was his idea that before we got serious with activity we head for the beach. There we enjoyed sadhana and a swim. Since it is a marked calendar day known as guru-purnima, one's guru (or gurus) are remembered. I spoke from the Gita 4.34. The topic was the relevance of having a guru. Several members of the community came. I mentioned about the good fortune of having a guru in your life. “Every whale in the ocean has a mother and a father but a human on the earth can have mother, father plus a guru and Krishna

That’s 4 people.

I’m grateful to have the fab four in my life. I wouldn’t exchange it for the world. I don’t believe I could have a better life. As long as I can walk, as long as I can talk, for Krishna’s sake, I’ll be where I want to be.

Now when the moon is full it can have a strong bearing of mental influence on the world but we can just take its appearance as a cue to chant an extra few mantras for protection's sake.

 
May the Source be with you!

9 km

No comments: