Saturday 15 August 2015

Monday, August 10th, 2015


Monday, August 10th, 2015
Toronto, Ontario

Fresh Rain / Clear Mind

There had been a fresh rain that cleared the air and made what's green greener. It was evening. It was quiet. A chubby raccoon clutched onto the base of a tree. I got close. He began to climb, holding onto the bark with his human-like hands moving up to hoist the 'chub' of his body. His feet were also grasped onto the bark. I meant fear for him, otherwise he wouldn't go anywhere.

My only fear is traffic when I am walking about. Even responsible motorists are to be feared because of their speed.

I had graced my torso with my Terry Fox t-shirt. He's an inspiration. He would be 57 by now, with his birthday just having passed by in July. People will remember him for his heroic run on one real leg, the other artificial. People remember him as a youth - a mature one.

There's been much travel for me this summer. I can now express with some sigh of relief that I will remain in one place for a few days. It's a matter of getting caught up on things or obligations which are tough to fulfill while in motion.

The Chariot Fests of the northern hemisphere are slowly winding down, except for a few. Miami informs me that they are anticipating one for November. The space of time before us makes way for other-to-come events like the Balaram Fest and Janmasthami, Krishna's Birth. There is some relief-time but no lax-time. Festivals keep percolating on the calendar for a bhakti yogi. Bhakti yogis stay alive on the basis of festivities meant for the soul. Just some breaks in between help a bit. Clear the way! Clear the mind!

 
May the Source be with you!

6 km

 

No comments: