Monday 17 August 2015

Wednesday, August 12th, 2015


Wednesday, August 12th, 2015
Toronto, Ontario

My Arms Did the Walking


My arms did the walking today

To do some sorting and throwing away.

There were polyesters and cottons

There were tuques and mittens

Coats, pants, and shirts

Dresses, blouses, and skirts

There were shoes and hats

Masks of dogs and cats

A plastic rat called "Phoofy"

Faces quite creepy and even goofy

I combed through with less ease

Through fake flowers and trees

And many metres of cloth

I began to move like a sloth

There were dhotis and sarees

And cloth of sequins and jarees

Attire for warriors of glory

And dress that tells a Vedic story

I rummaged through make-up

To trash and do a shake-up

I came upon earrings and beads

And things for gorgeous needs

There were lights to check

For the stage, not for the deck

I had bags and bags to fill

Of rags and rags resembling a hill

Behind this all I found rat pooh

Not as much as found in a zoo

Oh, well, the mode is to clean

Let's be good and hygiene

I had helpers to move props up

Before lunch and after sup

We're moving our theatre stuff

To the belfry, that's cool enough

It's my passion, besides walking

When actors on a stage are talking

Conveying a message of the spirit

Just watch and then hear it.

 

May the Source be with you!

0 km

No comments: