Friday 14 August 2015

Tuesday, August 4th, 2015


Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
Madrid/Toronto

Spain Wrap Up

It was a blessing to once again move through the windy, swervy streets of Madrid in the morning. Now I could actually see much more. What a plus it is to have pedestrian cobblestone streets without the botheration of machines whizzing by every few seconds. I consider it a second blessing for receiving a gift, a pair of sandals, that have the perfect fit. This is something I didn't ask for but something I needed. The former pair of shoes, I now leave behind, was also a gift. Not to be ungrateful but the purchase of footwear to the right size is critical, otherwise the shoes have a negative effect on your physiological self. It's a special pleasure to be on the right trail with the right fitting gear.

At one square that we came to, vehicles restricted, one of our boys wanted to sit and question me on his ashram status. Okay! So he opened up and wanted some advice on whether it was wise to go the full-on brahmacari (monk) way or wait it out. He had been living with a woman some time back.

"Am I ready?" he asked.

Such a question is personal and individual, of course. I generally encourage every young male, or female, to tread the waters of celibacy but more important is bhakti, devotion. Celibacy is a good experience and it prepares one for responsibility on the next level, should one choose to partner-up with someone. I also would like to add a message which I recall I read on a billboard when I walked through Manitoba country three summers ago. The line, a message for teens especially, was, "Save Sex For Marriage." To me it's an old school value but one that works when applied.

During my flight back to Canada I had some quality time reading "Love, Medicine and Music, the flip-side of the Sixties - Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll" by Roger Siegel aka Gurudas. I'm lovin' it. Yes, life in the 60s before our guru (Srila Prabhupada) came was very experimental.


May the Source be with you!

5 km

No comments: