Saturday 11 July 2020

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Brickworks, Toronto

 

Healthy Voyage

 

A newly-made friend, Victor, and a friend of his, showed up at the temple ashram to join me on my night walk. As usual, we took time to admire nature’s features along the way. To begin with I pointed out Saskatoon bushes and, for certain, samples of its berries were tested. It met with their approval.

 

I pointed out the blue spruce, and by the time we completed the two hour trek, Victor had it down—in terms of recognizing this glorious tree.  We noticed dozens of wildflowers, and in the pond, at the Brickworks, we spotted this massive dark carp. Baby bunnies were also in abundance, which may account for the presence of foxes and coyotes.

 

I did absolutely no chanting on this lovely walk. Philosophical discussion was more at Victor’s insistence. 

 

All right then! We are observers of nature, of this body. We are the force and yet not the force. A greater intelligence watches over us and also over nature. “I am the taste of water. I am the light of the sun and the moon… I am time… Earth, water, fire, air, ether and mind, intelligence and ego are separated energies of a superior intelligence.”

 

Exploring the Gita’s wisdom through nature and our limited lifeexperience is a healthy voyage that should be walked-out on a daily basis.

 

May the Source be with you!

7 km


No comments: