Thursday 12 January 2017

Tuesday, January 10th, 2017

Colakreek, Suriname, South America

TBC: Taking Care of Business

At Colakreek, there are these sections in the creek where you swim in spring-fed tea-coloured waters.  Situated about an hour’s drive from the temple where Brhat and I are staying, we were lucky to be the only ones there as recreationists.

How can I justify some relaxation while having quite a portfolio to live up to?  Well, to answer my own question, I need the chill.  My leg muscles are as taut as trees in the resort.  Some exposure to heat, to water, and to sand is my big craving.  It’s my second day of this type of rejuvenation.  It’s just necessary,

The body is a guru and it tells you what to do.  Mine’s saying, “I need the elements and the human touch.”

Santosh (20), who was the bright boy to bring us here, had also given a good hour of leg massage.  There are so many tension points along the thighs.  I really needed help from this guy and he delivered. I’m so grateful.

I truly believe that my day was balanced to offset the recreation.  Sadhana, my chanting, some studying, some writing, and to top it off, some teaching at the end.

Followers of Krishna bhakti turned up for an evening presentation.  I indulged the crowd in two texts and ended in a discussion on morality.  This one word “morality” follows me every day.  Beyond the fun in the water today, the sun, and the relaxation, the thread that I always mentally zip-line on is what is right and what is wrong.  I’m not saying I’m a grand moralist in practice, but I’m quite busy measuring the moral or dharmic scale all the time in my mind.

May the Source be with you!


3 km

No comments: