Friday 27 January 2017

Monday, January 23rd, 2017

Houston / Toronto

Advice

Rajasuya fetched me from the Toronto Airport, and drove me to Burlington to stop at a medical clinic to see Dr. Pandith.  Pulse and blood test was done.  I was weighed.  At 215 lbs I could do better in terms of trimming down.  You would think all the walking would do that.  Less food is most likely the answer.  Auala from Hawaii, sent a comment and now Dr. Pandith says the same, in addressing the excess uric acid which crystalizes and groups around the joints to create an inflammation, or what is known as gout.

I’m learning.

“It’s common among people of European stock,” said Pandith.

“That’s me—at least my ancestry.  I don’t recall my parents talking or complaining about it.”

“Fewer purine foods,” said Auala.  And so that’s what we have to go with.

“Watch the paneer and the dahls,” cautioned Guru Bhakti, back in Houston.  These are the opinions of the medical people.

When I got back to Toronto and the ashram, slick mrdunga player, Gopal, mentioned that the early morning (4:30 a.m.) sadhana is no fun if you can’t dance a bit.  That’s true, and imagine someone who’s been doing pilgrim marathons?  It’s hard for him to stand for any length of time.  My passion for exploring new trails hasn’t actually subsided.  I’ve always felt these walks to be like time with God.

But you have to do what you have to do.

“Retreat from the apparition.  Refresh.”  If I think in militaristic terms, “Regroup!  Regain strength and attack again.”

Go back for the challenge.

Be smart about it.

May the Source be with you!


0 km

No comments: