Tuesday 24 January 2017

Monday, January 16th, 2017

Miami, Florida

Snap

I met a nice chap who said he went through a dark period several years ago.  He was suicidal, lost hope, and found it hard to move forward.  He visualized his coming funeral, imagining who would attend.  The people he saw were all those folks he helped in the past.  They came with gratitude and sentimental feelings.

It was seeing those people that invoked a “snap.”  The fog in his mind cleared. In self-reflection, it meant  he had placed “the other people” before himself, and that made a difference.

The above story touched me, and I felt I could put a checkmark in the box of the victory list.  The narration, as was told to me, was a blessing, as I could see he had counted his blessings.

For a year now, I have been walking quite often with a slight limp.  Since Suriname, I have been given attention in the area of the thighs. Stress points, which felt like speed bumps, have been worked on with massage.  Those volunteers who assist me in this need are really kind.  It’s taking a good amount of pressure to relieve the stiffness which is causing limping and a slowing-down of walking.  The massage is doing wonders.

We read in our Vedic literatures about massage therapy that is applied to those in need.  What comes to mind is Laksmi’s massage of her consort’s feet, and the comfort that a massage gave to Krishna’s elder brother.  It is a kind of service which has been with Indian culture since time immemorial.

I was not initially scheduled to be in Miami, but the opening of a new place in Fort Lauderdale was something I could not pass up.

May the Source be with you!

0 km

No comments: