Thursday 26 January 2017

Saturday, January 21st, 2017


Houston, Texas


The Battle


Health is wealth.  I feel that, when getting some relief from malady.  Although not over pain in my foot, freedom is felt when I can deliver a director’s message on stage.

Yes, I can move a bit and even show our cast of ‘younglings’ how to march.

Our cast consists of twelve volunteers, ages pre-teen, teen and post-teen.  It’s working well. And the marching is about soldiers—those ready for a fight worth fighting.  It’s the two armies of the Kauravas and the Pandavas, and the battle is over restoring dharma and taming greed and envy.  The battle of Kuruksetra.

I have been unable to attend the long presentations of the leaders’ meetings because of foot pain, but moved into the same room for assembling a drama.  My mind was pulled away from foot, to the heart of what I love.

“Lights!  Camera!  Karma!”

Karma means action.  And when you link karma to dharma you have a chance in this life.

From the story of The Gita, we learn what this battle is about.  It’s about the Battle of Kuruksetra, about the self, about the way of the world, about destiny and what real love is.

I’m loving the directing.  It gets me out of bed.

May the Source be with you!


0 km

No comments: