Sunday 20 September 2020

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Toronto, Ontario

 

A Week of Chanting

 

For one week (September 17-23) there will be beautiful presentations of chanting. For this celebration I wanted to include in this day’s blog one of my favorite songs regarding the practice of kirtan or chanting. I was in Atlanta when our guru, Prabhupada, taught us this song in February of ‘75.

 

The song is called Sri Gaura Nityananda Daya and here is the translation:

The two Lords, Nitai-Gaurachandra, are very merciful. They are the essence of all incarnations. The specific significance of these incarnations is that they introduced a process of chanting and dancing that is simply joyful.

 

My dear brother, I request that you just worship Lord Caitanya and Nityananda with firm conviction and faith. If one wants to be Krishna conscious by this process, one has to give up his engagement in sense gratification. One simply has to chant, "Hare Krishna! Hari Hari!" without any motive.

 

But Lochana Das (the author) regrets that I am entrapped by sense gratification. Since I have no attraction for the lotus feet of Sri Chaitanya and Sri Nityananda, then Yamaraja, the superintendent of death, is punishing me by not allowing me to be attracted by this movement.

 

May the source be with you!

0 km


 

No comments: