Wednesday 30 September 2020

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Toronto, Ontario

 

Sunday, Sunday

 

For several hours during the week I am bound by Zoom-style classes on bhakti. Sunday is no exception. The interest and practice of devotion is up on Sunday’s; compared to other days of the week. At least it was what we were witnessing today. To honour government regulations a certain amount of people are permitted to enter the temple. That has been successful for a third Sunday now.

 

And “Govinda’s,” the eatery, is doing well. People don’t mind paying for a nice meal, which, by the way, has the status of being prasadam, blessed food.

 

Being that today was a day to fast from grains, occurring every fortnight, the menu was simplified and our primary cook, Dwarkanath, was turning out great preps.

 

The temperature and overall weather conditions were just right. Call it satvic if you will—very much in the mode of goodness. Sunny with a slight breeze, temperatures in the low to mid-twenties Celsius. Comfortable.

 

After our usual “staircase kirtan” I tried to go for a one-hour, serious walk. And while I attempted to do so my phone kept ringing. In one sense I don’t mind. If I don’t give attention to people reaching out on Sunday, then a tough backlog starts mounting on Monday.

 

When the phone rings, and I know it will be a conversation of minutes, I go to the nearest sitting bench, or simply plop myself onto a patch of grass, and do my service of listening.

 

May the source be with you!

2 km


 

No comments: