Sunday 14 May 2017

Tuesday, May 9th, 2017

Toronto, Ontario

What They Said and Did!

The folks I met on the way from the ashram to the corner of Yonge and Dundas downtown, had lots to say.

 “I love what you’re wearing,” said the woman as she passed by me near College Avenue.

“Hey!” said the man near Yonge and Davenport, as he was smoking a cigarette.  “I’m your neighbour.  I just live across the street from you guys.  I should come in and pay a visit.”

“Yes!  You should.  It’s your home.”

“I will.”

Near Yonge and Charles, four south-east Asians were standing, grouped together.  I offered my pranams (hands together).  I was checking; if they’re Hindu, they will respond.  They did.  Each one put hands together.  “ISKCON?” asked one, indicating that Hare Krishna is very popular in India, where they just came from.

“Are you Gujarati?”

“Yes.”  They were surprised at my guess.

“Surname Patel?”  Again, they were surprised.

“Come to our temple.  It’s your home away from home.”

One block away, I met a group of Caucasians.  One fellow from the group said, “Buddha!  Namaste!”

I said, “Krishna!  Namaste!”

On my return to the ashram at Roxborough, a homeless type said, “Yah know, this world is transitory.  Nothin’ permanent here.”

“Agreed!  One hundred percent!”  I was pleasantly surprised to hear this from him.  “You have some realization.”

May the Source be with you!


7 km

No comments: