Sunday 8 November 2020

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

University of Toronto

 

Sitting, Meeting, Walking

 

From the 10th canto of the book, Bhagavatam, I lead this morning’s discussion on how Shiva’s benediction to a follower, Vrka, had somewhat backfired on him. The good thing is that Shiva sought help from Vishnu. Vishnu is always there to assist.

 

Following the class was a meeting with Yasoda Priya, hailing from the Ukraine, to talk about the make-up we require for the filming of “Rolling the Dice.” Then I conducted two interviews with devotees, pioneers of our movement, for the book, “Krishna in the Maple Leaf.” These interviews are best done over the phone instead of through email correspondence.

 

Nayan and his sister, Neha, students from Kerala, India, then interviewed me for their Seneca College assignment. The theme of the assignment is the impact of religion and culture in the world.

 

In the evening I read from the book Chaitanya Charitamrita, about the renowned Chaitanya, to our two senior monks, Dharmaprana and Dakshina. That is always nice.

 

Now, after all that sitting, it was time to stretch the legs. I made my way to the U of T campus where there are walkways, alleys and green spaces. You can get lost. I was hoping for that. It was dark but the night was lit by lampposts. Whichever way you go there is always a major-traffic road that will lead you to somewhere familiar.

 

I stopped at a bench to chant the gayatri mantra. The seat was cold. I removed myself, ASAP, for fear that my buttocks will seize up. It does happen, from the cold.

 

May the Source be with you!

3 km


 

No comments: