Monday 9 March 2020

Thursday, March 5th, 2020


Toronto, Ontario

The Sun

The sun was beckoning to me in the second half of the afternoon.  It shone strong like a laser from the westerly direction.  It was directly blinding me, as I ambled along Bloor Street, and it created silhouettes of moving pedestrians, some who passed me to the right, some to the left.

I took to a park bench in Queen's Park, by the war memorial plaque, and sat there for five minutes.  Inscriptions on it indicated places where Canadian soldiers fell during the last century's two wars.  Italy was at the top of the list.  I didn't know our forces went there.

I shifted to Philosopher's Walk, nestled in the throng of classy Victorian buildings at the university.  There must be lots of philosophies, as many as there are people.  That could be 7.7 billion.  Too much population, don't you think?  They say it took 200,000 years of human history for the world's population to reach 1 billion and only 200 years more to reach 7 billion.

That is shocking!  I think that many bears would be more fun.

Finally, I swerved over on foot through posh Yorkville.  People are generally happy,  I believe it’s the sun that's doing it for them.  We could all do with a little more vitamin D.  We could all do with a little more kindness.  We could all do with a little more walking, which invokes adventure, introspection and a sense of feeling good in both body and spirit. 

May the Source be with you!
4 km 





No comments: