Monday 2 March 2020

Monday, February 24th, 2020


Mayapura, India

Last Day

Today was wrap-up day, for sure, with two interviews (on farming and temple fund-raising), an important conference call, home visits, leading kirtan at the annual kirtan mela, and also delivery of an hour-long class based on the Srimad Bhagavatam 10.8.40.  The last one was especially stimulating. 
In past years I was shy about ascending the great vyasasan chair, and speaking to a crowd of hundreds on Bhagavat philosophy.  I would be approached by one of the personnel and my excuse would be, "There's others senior to me.  Please ask them first."  I would offer a second line: "My class is the theatre I present."      https://www.facebook.com/Mayapur.tv/videos/824339128051498/

Well, the drama presentations are over and I have little excuse.  Most of my peers, senior to me, have left Mayapur.  Somehow or other some confidence has built up, and so this morning, being faithful to the verse, I spoke on the pastime of young Krishna, being alleged to have eaten dirt.  He wanted to prove to His mother that the charge was false.  He opened His adorable mouth which revealed to His curious mom, the multi-faceted and magnanimous Virat rupa, His cosmic form. 

When she first looked inside, she was bewildered and asked, "Am I dreaming?"

Dreaming, she wasn't.  She was viewing a mystic play of Krishna, something called yoga maya.  "God is playful" was the theme of the message "and we are His toy."  The talk drew many questions from listeners.  Somehow, interest was maintained among the many international devotees sitting before me.  It was gratifying. 

One important event for me, also, was attending an engagement announcement.  I stood in as Dad for young Revati, whose grandmother, Racitambhara, hails from Ottawa.  Revati is now engaged to Srinivas, a hopeful and Godly young chap.  Congratulations!

May the Source be with you!
3 km


No comments: