Friday 28 July 2017

Thursday, July 27th, 2017

Hamilton, Ontario

Maha Mantra Week

I was asked by monk, Ekalavya, to say a word about the upcoming Holy Name Week, an annual global push for getting chanting more on the world stage.  I complied, but I let him know, as he’s a prime coordinator for this initiative, that I'm not in favour of the term “Holy Name,” but would rather speak about “Maha Mantra Week.”  He was okay with that if my message used that terminology over the internet.

My objection is that “Holy Name” sounds too Catholic.  “No discredit to the tradition.  I love it.  Was born into it.  Really, I would like to use the term that more clearly reflects our own tradition.”

“I’m fine with that,” he repeated.

He held up my Samsung and started to film.    https://instagram.com/p/BXFOApIlhSc/

So, there you have it, but only a portion.  Mt appeal to the public and more particularly the leaders of our Canadian yatra (community) is to prepare for the sharing of the great “Hare Krishna” mantra.  In full, it is “Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare / Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.”  This is sacred sound.

By the way, I found no time to walk today.  I travelled to Burlington, Ontario from Toronto by way of the commuter Go Train and in the process of sitting there, I chanted this mantra, with practically no volume.  Just soft enough for my ears to benefit.  From Burlington, I was dined by my doctor at his home.  Jagannatha M. and wife, Saci, and I drove to Hamilton to look at a property for possible future consideration as an outlet or outreach spot for the Maha Mantra.

Please come up with ways and means to share the Maha Mantra.  September 9th-19th, 2017.

May the Source be with you!

0 km

No comments: