Monday 27 September 2010

Friday, September 24th, 2010

The Good Fortune

New Brunswick/Quebec

Trans-Canada Hwy took Gaurachandra and I through the smooth country with red, yellow, orange and green trees to our sides. From above water dropped, enough to put out the flames of hell. More grim was seeing a hunted-down moose, strapped to the back of a truck in front of us. The carcass, a valuable catch for the captor, was no feast for our eyes. We whizzed past that truck.

It was those colours again that reminded me that I’m good where I am. At this time of the year many people travel to Mother India for pilgrimage. After all we should be content where we are because the spirit of bliss should always be within us.

The St.Lawrence River flowed to our right, then to our left as we switched hi-ways via bridges at Quebec City. Nature remained wet right up until we reached the precincts of Montreal.

Gaurachandra and I were listening to Vandanam a recent release by Mahajan from Quebec. It’s easy to dream to bhajan music. I started to contemplate on the fine company with the monks from Halifax.

I was asked to read from the devotional text “Chaitaniya Caritamrta” as part of temple evening service and we came upon a verse, “Sadhu sanga sadhu sanga sarve sastre haya/Lava matra sadhu sange sarva siddhi haya

Translation: There is no greater success then having a fraction of a moment’s association with a great soul.

My fortune is that I had not just one great soul’s association but for the last eleven days, I had the company of eight of them.

5 KM

No comments: