Tuesday 17 September 2019

Thursday, September 12th, 2019


Toronto, Ontario

Playing God

Each of my thighs continue to have knots that somewhat obstruct smooth movement during the walking process.

“I have them as well,” said Balarama, a massage therapist who came over to massage my legs and feet.  “There is more tightness on your right side than your left,” he continued.  “Because the knots are there, they affect the performance of your knees.”

Balarama is quite the fit-looking person, and he has as a seva (service) acted in our drama productions, often as a well-built ksatriya (warrior). Today he extended his services by working on my lower limbs.

He did credit my leg muscles for being strong, and for this there is every reason that I can hope for more agility.  Yet my machinery will never be perfect.  I’m aging, don’t forget.

Thanks Balarama!

Looks and performance have always been something people cherish.  In the afternoon, Pradhyumna and I drove to Gerrard Street where you find the district of Little India.  There we met up with Nicholas, a photogenic-looking chap who has taken on the role of Krishna in our new production “The Embassy.”  We were trying costumes on Nicholas with what are known as clothing for a bridegroom.

We actually had a blast with the female clerk at Chandan’s, on Gerrard, who laughed and remarked, “Oh, he’s going to play God.  Well, everyone is trying to do that!”  We all laughed, referring to the statement that Krishna is indeed not just ordinary, but extraordinary. 

May the Source be with you!
0 km

No comments: